Skip to main content

There is no one else like you



Today is such a beautiful day outside. The temperature is warm and the birds are chirping. I can't help but feel great!
 As I was getting myself ready to begin my day, I began to remind myself, that although there are so many people doing similar work than me, no one can do exactly what I do! God SPECIFICALLY created me to work with the people whose lives I am PURPOSEFULLY supposed to touch. You see, sometimes even I compare myself to others. In the past, I have focused on what others think about me and the work that I am doing, and less about what God thinks about who I am and the work that I do. Today, my focus is putting God first and listening to His call over my life. We so often compare ourselves to other people, and instead we need to realize, that we are all created with amazing gifts of our own, that we need to be tapping into. Instead of reflecting on what the next person is doing, it is best to align yourself with the gifts that already exist within you! When I learned this, I began to see how great I am in my own right and I was able to maximize my God given abilities.

Be reminded today, that you are special and amazing! There is no one else on this Earth, like you!

Romans 12:2 (NIV)

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good pleasing and perfect will. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Break that generational curse

In every family, there exists certain strongholds. Of course some families ignore these strongholds, however, the nature in which they silently cause destruction is evident in familial behaviors, attitudes, and relationships. I always tell my clients that there is at least ONE chosen person in a family that can break the cycle of generational strongholds (curse) from manifesting. Whether the cycle is created by broken/ unhappy marriages, financial issues, negative attitudes, substance abuse, violent behaviors, anger, etc, these strongholds often get passed down through the family- however, they can be broken. It takes one person to realize that the stronghold exists and take extreme efforts not to PERPETUATE it in their life. Through prayer, reflection, counseling, you can make positive changes for yourself that will impact the next generation of your family. Remember it only takes ONE person to notice the cycle and make a change by breaking it. You...

Develop your vision

The last year has been AMAZING! In one year, I met my best friend in the world, got engaged to him, graduated with my doctorate, began working at my  private practice full time, began teaching at the graduate level, and am about to head to my dream destination, Paris! I truly could not ask for more. I remember not so long ago, I was in such a state of despair and anguish. I did not know if God was listening to me, and sometimes I thought that he heard me but did not care to answer. I could not have been more wrong in my thinking. Whenever I cried out to him, in those moments is when He heard me. Little did I know, He was preparing a path so amazing for my life!   I believe that everyone goes through a season in the  wilderness at one time or another. It is during this time, that you learn that life is not always going to be easy, it may even be extremely lonely, but God will never leave you. It's normal to feel lost at times, and during those experiences, it's p...

Words have power

Over the last few years, I have become an extremely introverted person, when it comes to my dialogue with other people. I am careful with the words that leave my mouth and I am even more careful about the  words that I allow to enter my ears. I am intentional about who I share my thoughts with, and I have found this to yield such great results in my professional and personal growth. I have actively utilized my spirit of discernment which has often allowed me to observe such ugly in this world; how evil has caused people to be blind sided and to speak darkness into others. Proverbs 18:21, death and life lies in the power of the tongue. The Scripture said this then, and it's absolutely present today. We have to be careful who we allow into our inner circles, and who we share our dreams, successes, happiness, and even sadness with. Not everyone will be for you in this life. The important thing is to recognize those who are and cherish them. Happy Wednesday! Dr. Lori