Skip to main content

Gratitude is key


 
 
 
 


There was a time when I was not satisfied with any of my accomplishments. I found myself waiting for the next big thing to happen. I was always in constant competition with myself. This became a problem during my doctoral studies, because I soon became my own worst enemy. I did not allow myself to be satisfied with my journey and look at each milestone as a small victory. Instead, I became angry with God,that He was not moving my life quickly enough (because at that time I was not where I wanted to be.) In that moment I became ungrateful. I did not thank God for all that He had done for me. He supplied me with so much, yet I was still unhappy. When we show the Lord that we are ungrateful, how can we expect Him to continue to bless us while we are in whatever season we are in our lives. I finally figured this out, and as soon as I began to actively thank Him for being in my current season, He began to pour the blessings upon my life. I began writing a gratitude journal . This allowed me to view my life in a different aspect, especially the things that I often take for granted. I opened up to God and began to feel so happy in my current season, knowing that a shift was about to take place in my life; however, I first needed to understand why I was going through my current season, which was later revealed to me.
 I ask you today, what are you grateful for? Your health, your family, your friends? What is God currently doing for you today, that you do not acknowledge? Take a moment and write it down, and simply say THANKYOU! Those simple words mean so much, and go very far. Focus on what makes you smile, and view your life through a lens of gratitude. I guarantee doing this will begin to manifest change in all aspects of your daily life!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Determine your purpose

I took this photo on our honeymoon in Bellagio, Italy- overlooking the Swiss Alps Good morning and what a beautiful Thursday it is! I've written about purpose in the past, but it occurred to me that I need to speak about this topic again. Too many individuals are walking around and not living out their purpose. I completely understand that financial reasons often prevent individuals from not pursuing what makes them happy. Yet, I don't find this to be a good excuse to not live your dreams. From the bottom of my heart, I believe that God gives each of us special abilities/gifts that are unique to just us, and that none of our gifts are the same. However, one can not and should not be lazy with cultivating their gifts. You have to work hard in every way to nurture your gifts (just like watering a plant), and eventually it will come to life. I'll give you a personal example. I always knew that I wanted to be self employed. Since I was a little girl, I remember

There is no one else like you

Today is such a beautiful day outside. The temperature is warm and the birds are chirping. I can't help but feel great!  As I was getting myself ready to begin my day, I began to remind myself, that although there are so many people doing similar work than me, no one can do exactly what I do! God SPECIFICALLY created me to work with the people whose lives I am PURPOSEFULLY supposed to touch. You see, sometimes even I compare myself to others. In the past, I have focused on what others think about me and the work that I am doing, and less about what God thinks about who I am and the work that I do. Today, my focus is putting God first and listening to His call over my life. We so often compare ourselves to other people, and instead we need to realize, that we are all created with amazing gifts of our own, that we need to be tapping into. Instead of reflecting on what the next person is doing, it is best to align yourself with the gifts that already exist within you! When I

Refocus Your Vision

I am so excited about my upcoming seminar in April, entitled Refocus Your Vision. Back in October of 2017, during my prayer time, I was led to this idea . I had no clue who my speakers would be at that time, but the title was very clear to me. I knew that the target audience for this seminar had to be women. It had to touch upon areas that many women struggle with on a daily basis. Many women are walking around as if everything is okay with them, when in actuality, they are hurting internally. They don't see their potential, and they can not move forward. You see, when your vision is clouded, you are limited in your ability to reach the next level. Sure, you may be able to take baby steps, but you will never maximize your full potential. My goal for this seminar is to empower women to stop allowing people, things, and feelings to get in their way. The best way that I can describe refocusing your vision is the example of wiping the lens of your eye/sun glasses clean. Sure your